Thursday 28 October 2010

AFRO-PUNK - ... the other Black experience

AFRO-PUNK - ... the other Black experience
Liking this site, there needs to be more news on afro-punk as well as black goths, and black Lolitas. If anyone has pictures of the above....please post them here...our black brothers and sisters should not just be soup-can labelled to hip-hop, rap, and other stereotypes. (Yes, I'm black for those who didn't know lol XD) For some reason I find that I am friends with more people of other races rather than my own. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but for some reason I keep running into the stereotypes for all black people, so it always makes me wonder...am I the only black person who likes anime, lolita, heavy metal, visual-kei, steampunk, natural kei, mori, amongst other things Japanese? Most people call me an oreo (black on the outside, white on the inside) and it annoys the crap out of me. Why should the things I like just be for white/asian/whatever else people? Dude, I'm a person too and accept me for what I am...an awesome, mental, black person that's ready to rock this world.....deal with it. (sorry for the rant people...but it's true) If you have ever experienced some of what is above, comment and tell your story...spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gloomth and the Cult of the Melancholy